Tuesday, July 11, 2006

you get paid by who you are

I worked for Wal-Mart here in Windsor Ontario in the Garage as an automotive tech. I ended up doing thigs that was not normally done at Wal_Mart as I one was an apprentice mechanic.

After a bit fellow employees seemed to slack in their work and I was expected to pickup the slack. I went to management on this as there was to be an open
door policy that you could talk to management with any problems. Well I talked to a store manager and told him my story of other employees slacking, fooling around and also danger to others with their horseplaying.

Well I was told if I didnt like it that there was the door that I could leave. Well I told my department manager about this and as soon as I found another job that I was leaving. Well he called me into his office asked me not to leave and offered me a raise.

Well things went fine for about 2 months and this started to happen again. I asked another employee to sign my workorder as is policy and was told no that they were busy, ya busy fooling around. I went to management about this and I was wrote up.... and then told again if I dont like it that there was the door.

Well within a couple of weeks I found another job and gave my notice but quit earlier due to unsafe horseplay that someone was going to get hurt and I was not going to be involved in it any way and quit earlier. They have a hard time holding on to employees as well.

Did you know that you get paid by who you are, male or female, married or single. Males and married males are paid more the single males and females also. They are very predijust to employees. They treat them like crap and you are only a number and a robot to do as they want you to do and sat yes sir and no sir.