Friday, September 01, 2006

When Wal-Mart Owes You Money, It's The Same As If You Bounced a Check

I'll admit to shopping at WalMart to buy school supplies for a charity drive. I paid by check. BIG MISTAKE.

WalMart presented the check to my bank the regular way AND electronically, so the same check was taken out twice. It takes the bank 10 days to put the money back, and I had to provide my bank statement as proof. Meanwhile, WalMart had the use of my money for all that time.

I wrote to the company via website about the problem, and received the following response.

I told them it was so crazy, I'd post it on this site so the whole world
could laugh at them. The point was, WalMart took my money twice, but the
company responded as if I'd bounced a check:

-----Original Message-----
From: CUSTOMER REPLIES: WM Stores & Sam's Clubs
[mailto:cstreply@wal-mart.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:51 PM
To: [redacted]
Subject: Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Ref #000000013502618)


Thank you for your message.

We are unable to assist you with your check issue from this web site. However,
we hope the following information is helpful in resolving your check issue.

If you received notification from a Wal-Mart store that you have a returned/NSF
check:
Call the individual store and ask for the Cash Office

Call Wal-Mart Check Verification at 800-866-0828 if:
1. Your checks are being denied in a Wal-Mart store
2. You have called Telecheck (800-697-9255) or SCAN (800- 262-7771)
and they told you to call Wal-Mart
3. You have called Telecheck or SCAN and you disagree with their
information
4. Your driver's license was keyed incorrectly at a store

Thank you,
Customer Relations