Friday, February 16, 2007

"Sorry, We're Closed." "But I'm here, So You're Open." "No, We're Closed."

After shopping and spending $102.00 at this store I leave and start packing the car. I get in the car and try to start it and find that the battery is dead. Well at least I’m at Wal-Mart right? I go in to buy a battery. No problem right?

Well, I still have to deal with getting home so I can change it. I ask the guy behind the auto counter if he has some jumper cables or a wrench so I can jump the car off or change the battery. "We are closed and I have a guy in the pit." Can I borrow it for a second? "Sorry. We can't do that" No Problem I say. Do you have a jump starter box? "Yes but I can't leave" OK. Is there a manager or some one that can walk me out and watch as I jump off my car? "I'm sure there is someone up front" Can you make a call up front? "Sorry we are closed and there’s a guy in the pit"

Great!!!

So now I have to buy a $68.00 battery AND a $40.00 jump starter box and do this myself. Great!! My total spent at Wal-Mart is now $223.00.

Now, as if anybody cares, I have at home a newborn, a 7 year old and a wife that has not seen me all day and they can't leave to come help me out of this jam.

All I wanted was a little help, compassion or something other than "Sorry we are closed". It was only 9:30 and I know that I saw at least 4 people pushing buggies and countless people putting up stock in various locations in the store.

I don't think that is too much to ask for from a company of their size and stature. The customer service at many of your stores is unbelievable.