Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wal-Mart Math, The Equation Always Equals 'Employees Lose'

I have been employed for Sam's Club since 1999 and been there almost 7 years and I am a teamleader. When I became a Teamleader I received .50 more an hour to do this job which I am currently still in this position. They changed their pay scale from levels 1-7 (way after the fact) I am a level 6.

When they changes to the pay scale things I did not receive any pay raise, they said that I was making what I was supposed to but if I was to step down to being a cashier which is a level 3 I will lose .90, remember, I only got .50 to be a teamleader which I would be losing one of my raises to step down.

So not only am I being treated like crap in this Club I will lose one of my yearly evaluations. Which I think should be illegal stealing from their employees. They say that there is nothing we can do about this issue.