Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rotten Dairy at Florida Wal-Marts

I am a Wal-Mart employee of about 8 months now.

I have worked in 2 different stores, in 2 different states.In my first store, I was an overnight stocker for the Dairy Department (milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, butter, etc.)

I came to my 2nd store in Florida and started my first night as a O/N Dairy Stocker but immediately quit the department and asked for a new position when I realized that the people who work in the Dairy Department, bring ALL the fresh freight for the night to the floor at the same time, starting roughly around 10pm, and leave it on the floor until whenever its packed out onto the shelves.

The last of the freight could be sitting on the floor at room temperature until as late as 8am or 9am, depending on when the associates finish packing it onto the shelves.

This blatantly ignores the 20 minute rule set by Wal-Mart to avoid spoilage of cold foods.

I believe that even the law only permits cold food to be on the floor for 30 minutes...

As an employee, I emplore you all to NOT shop for Dairy products in central florida Wal-Marts...