Monday, October 15, 2007

Looking for a Lawyer to Sue Wal-Mart #8, Wal-Mart is Suing Me

Lawyers in the Florida area
please contact Randon at:

randontrowbridge (at)yahoo (dot) com


I have recently been convicted of petite theft for items I admittedly stole from wal-mart. My reasoning is unimportant, but I admit I was in the wrong. I went to criminal court and was fined 6 months probation, 30 hours of community service, I had to take a class and pay $305 dollars is fines and restitution.

Then 2 days ago I, I received a letter form a law firm representing wal-mart, stating that I had to pay them $475 in 10 days or I will be taken to trial. The Statute they quote is Section 772.11 of Florida Law. I researched this and found that it is a legitimate Statute, however, it states that they can sue for no more than 3 times the amount taken, I stole $70 worth of merchandise, times three is only $210.

If i didn't have the money to pay for $70 worth of items, how can I pay $475.

I need help and fast,
Randon in Lakeland FL