Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fired But No One Knew

I have been employed by Walmart since Autumn of 2002. In March of 2003 I found out I was terminated from my job only after I tried to use my employee discount.

When I was told I was terminated it was by the attending cashier who was quite surprised that no one from the management team spoke to me. I was told to talk to a member of managementimmediately. I did try that night to speak to the shift-assistant manager but he would not talk to me about the "situation" and that I had to speak tosomeone the next morning.

I did go to speak to another member of management the next day and he referred me to my handling assistant manager who I had never met. She did tell me that I was terminated because of labour cut-backs and I would have known that I was terminated by the time clock. She did apologized that the time clock was on the blink for the past two weeks and I would have known earlier.

While I did get paid for the two weeks I did work while I was "terminated", no one below the manager and my handling-assistant manager knew. Not even my department manager.

What makes this matter even worse is that I was still on the work schedule for three more weeks with my department depending on my working myhours on an already poorly covered schedule.

Why is it the nit-wits are runningt his company.

The only good thing that has happened is that after the generalmanager was terminated himself for more that this infraction I was rehired, but only after a 90 day period.

signed, Still devoted to my customers at#2323

Tailordave@aol.com