Saturday, July 22, 2006

Memo to Employees: Don't Mind the Gunshots, Just Duck

I am a Wal-mart employee, and I have been with the company for eight years. Several times gunshots have been fired in our parking lot. Associates tell management the next day that they are scared to walk in the parking lot alone at night.

Management is telling the associates in meetings that they are mistaken, that teenagers are shooting fireworks off in the parking lot. One of my co-workers and a customer were walking out of the garden center doors when shots were fired, and they both dropped to the ground for safety. She told me the next day, and I told her that they were just fireworks. She laughed, and told me I have been shooting guns my whole life, and know the difference between a firework and a gunshot.

Management is lying to us to avoid the bad press for the company, and do not care about our safety.

Tdwwebb@aol.com