Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"What's a Woman Know About Tire & Lube, Anyways?" asked the boys at Wal-Mart, while they simultaneously sang: "Diamonds are a girl's best friend..."

i worked for walmart for years, I applied for a district manager position, and was told to wait they had big plans for me. I took a store with a 14% shrinkage and turned it into a .07% shrinkage.

Was I promoted. Someone else was promoted.

Finally I took a position in another city and was promoted to DM of an area I was not familar with. I then hated my job so I quit before they could fire me for not being familar with that aspect of my job. You may have guessed by now I am a woman and a man was promoted to DM over tire and Lube which I trained.

They stuck me in Jewelry. The figured a man knew more about Tire and Lube and a women knew more about Jewelry. The tire and lube DM is a higher paying position, I got stuck with taking a decrease in paying, with the promise of a raise that never happened.