Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Ignorance and Stupidity of Wal-Mart Shoppers Who Drive 20 Miles to Save a Cent

To set the record straight, I no longer shop at Walmart. The reasons being that they are bad for our economy and are attempting to create a monopoly.

In January of 2004, I am ashamed to say, I was shopping at Walmart (aka, the Evil Empire). I left the store with a heavy bag in each hand. I walked out into the dark parking lot, and was attacked and assaulted by a drug-crazed maniac (who I quickly identified as a person I went to high school with). This person had a personal vendetta against me for quite some time, so I was not really surprised to discover she was following me around the store and the dark parking lot. The attacker took off into the store, and I followed.

I immediately went to the "security personnell" (if they can be called that) and reported the incident. The guy just said, "Okay, so what do you want me to do about it?" I asked him to call the police and search the store for the attacker. I described the attacker in great detail, gave the person's name and address, and even told where that person lived (like I said, the attacker was a former schoolmate). The security guy just told me it wouldn't do any good to look for the person, but they went ahead and called the police, who arrived 45 minutes later. The really sick thing is, several Walmart shoppers witnessed the attack, and just kept driving by or walking, and didn't even offer to call for help. That gives you an idea of the sick bastards that frequent Walmart!!

In 2006, my husband and I opened a pet shop in a small town in south Alabama. The nearest Walmart was over 20 miles away, and there were no pet shops in the area. Just for example, we sold small goldfish for 30 cents each, and the Walmart in the next town sold the same (but slightly less healthy) goldfish for 29 cents each. We had several good, loyal patrons (God bless them!), but the majority of the people in that town LOVED Walmart and wanted one in their town so bad they couldn't stand it. They would drive 20 miles (even with sky-high gas prices) to Walmart to save one penny on a stupid goldfish. We had several other products that were similarly priced, and people would even TELL US that they would just go to Walmart and get it for a few cents cheaper.

The ignorance and stupidity of these people make me gag. So now, in September 2007, we are closing up shop for good, thanks to the majority of stupid people that live in that little town in buttcrack of Alabama.