Monday, May 05, 2008

Looking for a Lawyer to Sue Wal-mart #18: Fired For What?

Lawyers in the Florida area
please contact: John
Cachon (at) aol (dot) com

Back in September, Walmart dc 7023 in Arcadia florida
where I worked since it began, in 2005, fired me for falsifying documents,gross misconduct..I of course argued but as many of your know an argument with walmart HAS to be in court.

My job was changing batteries in the battery room and I allegedly entered in a number of a battery that was sposed to be watered but wasn't. A Practice that we were told to do if there was a line of peoppe needing batteries changed and production was slowing due to having to wait in line with their equipment( forklifts etc) to have their batery changed, this procatice is STILL going on and has been since the dc opened in 2005.

I collected unemployment and a few months ago Walmart filed suit against my appealing my unemployment. In FLorida if you are fired for gross misconduct you cannot get unemployment. well I got it and at the appeal hearing( by phone) their witness said he didn't know why I was terminated,stating that there was nothing on his paper as to the reason. My case here is that since I wasn't fired for gross misconduct, then WHAT was I fired for? nothing on papers that I received and since the practice is STILL going on then why single out me? that answer is my age and medical conditions,( advanced prostate cancer).

I am looking for a lawyer that wants to handle this case, I have all the paper work and the notes and copy of the phone hearing. I feel very strongly that I was discriminate against because of my age and medical conditions. any help? thanks