Thursday, December 24, 2009

At Wal-Mart, We Know You'd Rather be With Us Than Your Children on Christmas

I have worked with WM for 12 years, and this place just never gets any better.

We are considered a training store where they send all this disfunctionals to practice being pushing and obnoxious.

We have just about 200 workers which is not alot compared to SuperCenters, we're just a basic WM. In August I was digusted to celebrate 12 years with them, I only make $11 an hour by the way for 12 years worth.

There is about 30 people that have been at this store since it opened in 1990. Since I have been there, we have went through 6 store managers and numerous assistant managers.

But here recently within the past 2 years we have been hounded and spied on by all of our managers expecially one in particular which is called a support manager.

We smoke and so does this person.

We go to work at 7 am and take a 15 min break at 9 am around 11 am we run back and grab another cigerette and then go to lunch at 12 pm to 1 pm and then take a second break at 2:30 pm and go home at 4 pm.

We see no problem in this as long as we are doing our work and managing our departments.

But they have been spying on us and timing us on our breaks and watching us on cameras. We are people that has worked with this company for ever, I mean 12 and 15 years worth of our lives and we can't even grab an extra small break without being hounded.

By the way, that support manager, she is in there smoking everytime we are and nothing is said to her. This is how you are appreciated at Wally World.

Give them everything and they give you nothing but harassment in return. I have small kids that have been born since I started working there, I have never had a Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas with them, never!

I hate this place and just wish I would have went to college so I would have a choice of where to work.

Thanks for listening.