Tuesday, August 28, 2007

At Wal-Mart, We're More Important Than Your Dying Father

HI my name is not important.... I worked for Store 1906 in Massachusetts. I worked there for 11 months and 1 week.... The store Management team has known for my entire emplyment ther that my father was terminally Ill with Cancer....

2 months ago my store manager got fired completely randomly.... we got a new store manager shortly after that..... I spoke with our DM about my fathers illness and he said "if anyhting was to happen you wont get fired" About 2 months later...

3 weeks ago my fathers illness became so severe my mother and I took LOAs from work....I live with my Mother being that im only 18... I orginally begged my store manager to Allow me to stay at home for 1 week to take care of my dying father to be with him.. SHe said ok to Take medical LOA and that i had 15 days to bring in the paperwork......

during that week my father was hospitalized twice and we were told he had less then 1 month to live..... i returned to work that following wensday handing in my Loa papers that a doctor and social worker signed... approving an loa till june 20th 2007...

I gave it to my personal manager then she said she couldn't do anything... i gave it to our Store manager... she then told me she couldnt approve it and theres nothing she could do... so i asked if i was fired she said yes... i told her i was goin to speak to the DM she said open door it if u please... i was devastated in tears call the Dm.......

i loved working for this company i was completely brainwashed into it....

the Dm was supposedly at the sharholders meeting.. and wouldnt get my message till the following wensday ..it was thursday 4th of june i believe... i called the next monday he asked what happened said he would call back tuesday...its friday and i still didnt get a call...

My dad probably wont make it through this weekend.... I guess wal-mart doesnt really care about your family... im only 18 and im losing my Father i guesss they expected me to pick Wal-mart over my Daddy...

Sincerly Cashier from store 1906 Fairhaven MAssachusetts

P.S. i was loved at this wal-mart... i never did anyhting wrong being a young female.. i never complain about pulling carriages, throwing trucks, pulling pallets.. shelves assiting customers anything they asked i gladly did..

sorry for the horrible typing its a hard story to tell.. since its going on right now..